My android phone settings are fine, but I am not getting notifications, why?
Notification delivery depends on device settings. Please check for the following:
- If you have any battery optimiser such as Greenify, Clean Master etc installed please whitelist myGate app in them
- Please check the phone for MDM (mobile device management) software installed by your company, you would need to get myGate in allowed apps
- Some phones may kill notifications if you force kill the app (reference), so request you to not do that. Please exit by pressing the back button
- If your mobile has an autostart functionality, please make sure that myGate is switched on for autostart
- For devices running Android version 6.0.1, check that your battery optimization is not preventing myGate from sending you notifications. Go to Settings>Battery>Overflow menu>Battery Optimization and turn off the option for myGate
Different phone models have issues with notifications due to their internal settings. We have listed remedial steps some of the popular phones:
There is a helpful list by slack, please check it out: Android Notification Issues
If your phone model is not listed here please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the make and operating system of your phone.
Check that you are on the latest version of the myGate app. Also do a logout from the app and login again. If you are on the latest version it could be due to phone related issue. We also recommend that you whitelist the myGate app by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Optimisation.